99.9 % of the total population of this world loves pizza so basically, we have the world full of pizza lovers and I see no harm in it but there are people who love grilling, smoking and pizza at the same time what about time? More than half of the population doesn’t know that we can cook pizza on a pellet smoker too, people think pizzas can only be made in oven or microwave this article is all about clearing the myth.
Ingredients you would need for the dough-
- Warm water ( 2/3 cups )
- Active dry yeast ( 2 ½ teaspoons )
- Sugar ( ½ teaspoon )
- REC TEC Pellet Grill/Smoker
- Kosher salt ( 1 teaspoon )
- Oil ( 1 tablespoon )
- All purpose flour (1 ¾ – 2 cups )
- Fine cornmeal ( ¼ cup )
Ingredients for the toppings-
- Grilled portabella ( 1 large, sliced)
- Artichoke hearts ( 1 jar, chopped )
- Fontina cheese ( 1 cup )
- Parmigiano ( shave, divided, ½ cup )
- Roasted garlic
- Olive oil ( ¼ cup)
- Banana peppers
1. In a glass put water, yeast, and sugar and then stir after stirring leave the mixture for about 10minutes so that it starts to form.
2. Take a mixture put 1 ¾ cup flour, salt, and sugar in it and mix them and side by side put oil into the yeast mixture. Slowly add water to the mixture and increase the speed of the mixture.
3. You need to keep this point in your mind, your dough needs to be smooth, not sticky.
4. Make a ball out of the dough.
5. Take a large bowl and put a very thin layer of oil and then take your ball and coat it with a layer of olive oil and keep it aside so that it can form properly for about an hour.
6. Once you get done with the making of the dough you need to start your Traeger which is on your smoker with its lid open for about 5-6 minutes then set the temperature to 450 F and preheat and don’t forget to place a pizza stone in your pellet grill while pre-heating it
7. You need to evenly spread the cornmeal on the peel (pizza peel) and then punch the dough down that you have prepared and roll it out to form a perfect circle on a floured surface and then place the dough carefully on the pizza peel and assemble all the toppings on it.
8. Once you get done with the toppings place your pizza slowly on the pizza stone and bake it till the time the crust turn golden brown
9. Cut it evenly and serve.
Grilling is fun I don’t think there is anything that we can’t cook over a grill and at last smoky flavor is loved by all.